Hair Care Tips
BEST WAY TO EXTEND THE LIFE SPAN OF YOUR HAIR.
The life span of our Virgin hair all depends on how you care for the hair. If you follow these simple maintenance basics, along with using our recommended hair care products you can extend the life of your hair and get increased value from longer use.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR HAIR
- Keep the hair clean by washing once a week with warm or cool water.
- Wash the hair immediately after swimming, spa, and excessive exercise.
- Reduce the amount of stress on the hair and weft by making a couple of big braids when going to sleep, swimming or exercising (comb through the hair before making braids).
- Never sleep on wet hair. Make sure your hair is completely dry before going to bed.
- Make sure to brush the hair daily and always start from the ends and work your way up.
WHEN WASHING YOUR HAIR
- Make sure hair is completely combed through and detangled before washing (we recommend a vent wig brush).
- Wash with cool to warm water.
- Make sure hairs are being washed in ONE direction (from scalp to ends) and avoid circular motions! This can lead to tangling. Always use a moisturizing non-sulfate shampoo and conditioner.
- When conditioner is on the hair, leave it on for approximately five minute, and then comb through the hair starting from the ends. Rinse thoroughly.
- Squeeze out excess water and blow dry gently. Do not towel rub or twist the hair to dry.
- Trick Tip: Use Dawn dish detergent to wash WEAVE ONLY when your hair is extremely oily.
WHEN STYLING YOUR HAIR
- Do not overuse products on the hair.
- Too much leave-in conditioner and other hair care product will create a build up on the hair and will cause it to tangle.
- The great thing about Virgin Human Hair is that you can style it as you would your own hair. You can color or perm the hair. We suggest that you use a professional colorist that has worked with Virgin hair before or we suggest you use a cream coloring system that isn’t as harsh on the hairs.
- For Curly hair, be sure to brush the hair gently always from the bottom to the top daily and apply a leave-in conditioner.
- Trick Tip: Chi Silk Infusion to detangle hair